Sunday, July 18, 2010

WOW!!!

This past week has been crazy hectic, but my family has been wonderful. Its amazing to me to see all of us functioning so well. Missin my baby boy as he is with his "birth vessal" in a homeless shelter. He really didn't get to enjoy this weeks venture but hopefully he is at least enjoying his time to the best of his ability. My husband has been extrodianary, sometimes I don't give him all the credit he deserves, which is why I am going to make some goals. #1 goal: appreciate my husband. #2 goal: MYSELF (includes keeping my running up and digging into the bible, learning more about god and his wonderful ways of working in our lives). #3 goal: stay focused on my family, including others, but keeping my family grounded and in front of everyone else. I know these are major goals but they are something I am working on. We worked our butts off last week which is why no blogging for me. This was so that we were able to attend my sister in laws babyshower in NY for a 4 day stay. We started driving at 5 am thursday and arrived in NY at 10pm. I drove the entire time, but enjoyed it, as it gave me something to take my mind off of all the things I was thinking/worried about plus gave my hubby a little more time to relax and wind down from working all week. When we got to NY families house we were greeted and taken care of like we belonged. This is something that I cherish as I have none of this in MI. I slept for a little bit and then was up bright and early to my hubby ready to start the day.....shocker, but something more natural for him latley. He was amazing ....... I know this already but to see him in another atmosphere and still being my husband was wonderful. Thank god for abilify :) Friday was hectic but happy hectic as I did what I needed to do to make my sister in laws shower just how she wanted it. It was huge and definatly cost my inlaws alot more money than a shower should cost, but it was what SHE wanted. They helped us with gas and food too, so I am sure it was a huge expense for them. I am just grateful it all got taken care of. And thanks to my husband I had to do NO cleaning, he had it all done when we got home from shopping for decorations and such, plus took care of our girls. Honestly it was nice of him to allow me to function without thinking of the extras. Dinner and then sleep was well needed friday night because Sat was the big shower and I was up decorating and getting ready early. The shower was a complete success for my sis in law, so I was happy she was happy. Lots of hard work from her family, but DONE. I thought I was going to be "scared" due to all of my husbands "friends and ex", however I just kept to the agenda which was sis in law and it took away most of my anxiety. Plus a little extra love from my mother in law which made me feel needed and wanted, something I crave. The kids did fine for what was going on, a few blow ups but nothing we couldn't control. Church on sunday was amazing, this whole trip was bittersweet. We were ready to get home and back to work but would love to still be there. Lots of tears this time when leaving which was hard, the whole family was crying in the car when we left, it was hard. We talked alot about moving, staying, loving, leaving...............just WOW!!!!! Final thought before I forget, we got in the car from church and I told my hubby I get emotional at church because I really enjoy it and he said well maybe we should try to find one to go to in MI.......another WOW!!!! God was working again, in church they spoke about gods plan and how we should follow it instead of jumping ahead of it.....Amen!!!! p.s......I finally got a piece of NY cheesecake, it was amazing. Sleeping in a hotel tonight (totally not my idea of spending money) but I am sure we all needed it. Back on the road at 5 am headed to Mi.

2 comments:

  1. You are a blessing and a gift. You are cherished, and you not only belong, you are part of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that. You are part of "us", and you guys weren't the only ones crying when you left.

    ReplyDelete